Stanton Switchback TI MK2 27.5
The Switchback Ti Mk II is the answer to your requests! The original aim of the Switchback was to design the most playful natured and confidence inspiring aggressive frame that we possibly could
The Switchback Ti MK II is the answer to your requests! The original aim of the Switchback was to design the most playful natured and confidence inspiring aggressive frame that we possibly could. The MK II is a development of this platform, taking in to consideration the requests of customers and the markets advances.
Designed around the 27.5” wheel and the 27.5+” wheel platform, the Switchback Ti has our custom designed Yoke that creates space in the chain stays to accommodate large volume, deep tread 2.4” tyres on 27.5” wheels or 2.8” Plus tyres on super wide plus 27.5” rims while not effecting the incredibly short 415mm chain stay length as we refuse to compromise our class leading geometrys!
The 415mm chain stay length plus the bottom bracket height, head angle and reach measurement gives you an amazingly responsive and agile ride. This frame rails corners and descends like no other hardtail on the market, expect to leave the abstract idea that “you’ll be faster on a full sus” behind you, the new Switchback Ti will have you leaving your full-sus in the garage!
The geometry of the Switchback Ti has been optimised to help the rider feel confident on difficult, technical Enduro style terrain, while giving the ideal riding position to express your style and flare on the trail. The frame is designed to suit modern fitments such as a Stealth Dropper compatible seat tube and a 44mm head tube for tapered steerer compatibility and full internal top tube routing.
The frame will be available in both regular and long in both the 16.5” and 18” frames. It also has our custom designed swopouts, giving you the ability to run 12×142, standard QR or single speed.
Frame Weight – 1.9kg
1. 3AL-2.5V titanium 44mm head tube, gusseted down tube and our super-sweet alloy head badge.
2. ISCG 05 mounts and 73mm BB shell, Custom designed CNC’d Yoke that accommodates standard 27.5” or 27.5+ 2.8 tyre set-up.
3. Super-short chainstays (415mm) made from 3AL-2.5V aerospace-grade titanium tubing.
4. Custom CNC’d Swapout dropouts (12 x 142, 10 x 135 or horizontal). Comes supplied with 12 x 142 as standard unless you specify different dropouts with your order.
5. Triple-butted 3AL-2.5V aerospace-grade titanium tubing with custom seat tube. Full internal routing takes full-length gear outer for consistent, weather-proof shifting.
6. 31.6 stealth routing dropper-compatible seat tube (34.9 clamp) with custom tubing.
SWITCHBACK MK2 GEOMETRY
SWITCHBACK TI MK2 16.5" (LONG) 18" (LONG) 16.5" (REGULAR) 18" (REGULAR)
1. Stack (mm) 615 624.5 615 624.5
2. Reach (mm) 419.5 435.4 395 410.5
3. Virtual Top Tube (mm) 612.6 632 587.5 608
4. Actual Top Tube (mm) 585.2 600 562.5 578
5. Seat Tube Length (mm) 419 457 419 457
6. Chainstay Length (mm) 415 415 415 415
7. Wheelbase (mm) 1099 1119.5 1074 1094.5
8. Bottom Bracket Drop (mm) 43 on all
9. Head Tube Length (mm) 110 120 110 120
10. Head Tube Angle 65˚ on all
11. Seat tube Angle 72˚ on all
12. Axle to crown height used for above measurements (mm) 510 on all